Job Title: Paramedic Basic
Location: Farmers Branch, TX (Dallas Operation)
Reports To: Operations Supervisor
Company: American Medical Response
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description
- Some advanced education preferred. High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Current state Paramedic License.
- Possess a valid State Driver’s License.
- BTLS or PHTLS Provider Certification (where applicable or required by contract or state law). or PEPP Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS
- Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy.