POSITION: Director Regional AMR Ops / East Tennessee
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Regional Director:
- Create a culture of world class quality care and patient services.
- Develop distinctive strategies to achieve competitive advantage; translate broad growth, government relations, and other relevant strategies into specific objectives and action plans; align the organization to support strategic priorities.
- Demonstrate sound, entrepreneurial risk taking by championing new ideas and initiatives that address market potential, level of care needs, and customer expectations. Identify financially sound, new business opportunities and make them a reality in order to create a culture of sustained growth; foster innovation and risk taking.
- Plan, prepare, and utilize financial records (including budgets, forecasts, payroll data, etc.) and key metrics to analyze and make decisions to meet specific strategic and financial goals. Take timely and appropriate corrective actions when necessary to ensure financial expectations (EBITDA, ROIC, etc) are met.
- Responsible for all facets of the profit and loss of the division which includes top line revenue to allocations. Understand the nature of the transports provided and responsible for the documentation provided by crews. This documentation dictates the level of service (CCT/ALS/BLS) and nature (non-emergency/emergency) which drives the revenue billed.
- Work pro-actively and on a daily basis with local and region human resources and recruiting teams to ensure all required market staffing levels are met (both hourly and exempt) and avoid unnecessary use of overtime to staff open positions.
- Responsible for the division’s accounts receivable (AR) and understanding all payer classes (Medicare, Medicaid, HMO’s, 3rd party insurers, VA, etc). Collaborate with internal and external billing teams (as well as all support departments) to ensure AR is promptly addressed.
- Provide clear strategic direction regarding the organization’s values and model AMR’ values for all levels of the division.
- Communicate with his/her division regarding local, regional and national strategies and related initiatives. Encourage input and participation where practical to ensure success related to such efforts.
- Regularly foster strong working relationships with local public, private, political and community members, including but not limited to mayors, boards of supervision, commissioners, officials of fire and police departments, chambers of commerce, rotaries, and in some cases state officials.
- Participate in labor negotiations and other actions to balance employee engagement and the financial viability of division.
- Ensure region managers maintain a current and comprehensive understanding of all applicable market Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA) and that associated procedures and processes are followed and administered appropriately and consistently by management.
- Regularly review and address crew transport documentation (patient care reports) to ensure appropriate information is consistently documented to facilitate timely and appropriate payments for services provided.
- Work with region, division, and corporate billing and compliance teams to ensure all AMR billing documentation standards are met and in compliance with local, state, and national (CMS) requirements.
- Ensure all region employees (crews, support staff, and managers) are familiar with and follow all required narcotics and controlled substances policies and procedures as required by local, state, and national agencies. Work with market, region, and corporate support staff to audit and inspect region compliance to required standards and control processes to prevent unauthorized access to and use of controlled substances.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and contract retention, by providing optimal service levels to regulatory agencies, hospitals, and the medical community. Analyze information regarding customer satisfaction, modify processes, and counsel employees to ensure high levels of customer service.
- Review and approve expense reports and invoices in compliance with company policy.
- Keep current on industry trends that have potential impact on the division.
- Formulate, coordinate and/or lead marketing activities and business development to increase revenues and decrease costs.
- Champion the practice of AMR medicine to improve health outcomes of the general population.
- Design, implement and maintain processes to maximize quality of operations.
- When appropriate influence others, by asserting own ideas and persuading others; gain support and commitment and mobilize people to take action.
- Ensure all required local, county, and state business licenses, operating permits, and associated fees are in order and current to enable continuity of market business operations. Work pro-actively to prepare and submit all necessary license and operating permit applications or renewals well in advance of any termination date to ensure ongoing and uninterrupted business operations.
- Demonstrate strong execution skills by outlining goals and expectations, assigning responsibilities, and clearly defining roles; delegate to and empower others, remove obstacles; allow for and contribute needed resources, coordinate work efforts when necessary; and monitor progress.
- Establish a program for disaster planning and take control of situations as needed during times of disaster.
- Interact and collaborate as needed with other emergency providers in the region and division, both public and private.
- Establish goals and objectives for field operations based upon communicated goals and strategies for the region, and clearly communicate these goals and objectives to the appropriate employees.
- Deliver clear, convincing, and well-organized information in presentations and written format; understand audience and position message accordingly; use appropriate language and illustrations to convey key points; project credibility and poise even in highly visible, adversarial situations
- Demonstrate sound judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues; define issues clearly despite ambiguity; take all critical information into account when making decisions; and make timely, tough decisions.
- Act as a resource to employees in resolving problems and increasing effectiveness.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with OSHA, EEO, and other applicable local, state, and federal laws governing business and employee relations.
- Coordinate region participation in community activities to increase the image of the region, division, and AMR.
- Share information with others in the region, other AMR operating companies, and Corporate, to increase the use of best practices.
- Establish plans and implement specific actions to assist in the quick, effective integration of new companies into the AMR family.
- In conjunction with Fleet Management, manage inventory (including the fleet of vehicles) in a cost-effective manner.
- Model effective listening skills by demonstrating attention to and conveying understanding of the comments and questions of others; listen well in a group.
- Administer the capital budget to ensure effective use of available resources.
- Ensure compliance with AMR policies and procedures.
- Moderate travel to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Ensure the region’s adherence to and compliance with all AMR information systems security policies and procedures. Ensure all region employees understand that it is the responsibility of every computer user to know and follow AMR Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems promptly as required by AMR policies and procedures..
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, champion succession planning, counsel and provide corrective actions to direct reports, and work to facilitate individual and team development in support of region, division, and corporate goals and objectives.
- Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of all company/department policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for the Regional Director:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare or appropriate field of study, or equivalent level of related experience.
Minimum of three years of healthcare related experience, including financial management and employee supervision. Demonstrated effective track record cultivating relationships with internal and external customer-base.
- Experience negotiating agreements and contracts
- Experience in management of exempt and non-exempt personnel
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Experience in managing projects
- Experience developing collaborative relationships with external government and/or public entities
- Experience in the public section and healthcare industry
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Detailed understanding of business modeling, proformas, P&L statements and balance sheets.
- Strong understanding of sales lead strategy and closure.
- Driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability.
- Effective oral, written, interpersonal communication, and critical thinking skills.
Clinical literacy preferred.
Our business is to help people, so we know how important the right benefits are to our employees. AMR offers a comprehensive benefits package with flexibility and freedom of choice.
Benefits may vary by location and may be based on collective bargaining agreements in certain areas. Current offerings may include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- Basic and Supplemental Employee Life Insurance
- Supplemental Spouse and Dependent Life Insurance
- Basic and Supplemental Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company Match
- Voluntary Benefits (Banking, Legal, Auto, Home, Cancer, Accident, Short-Term Disability and Hospital Confinement)
- Tuition Reimbursement (In Most Locations)
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Discount Programs
- Career & Leadership Development