AMR is searching for a senior-level SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA), who will be a key member of the Data Management organization. The focus of this position will be to support, maintain, and enhance the AMR SQL server infrastructure, thus providing the highest level of data quality and user experience to the business. The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems and willingness to participate in an on-call rotation
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours as needed.
- Maintain existing and implement new HA technologies, specifically windows clustering and Microsoft always on.
- Maintain existing transactional replication data feeds/interfaces
- Understanding of SSIS and SSRS and ability to troubleshoot each
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BS or MS in Computer Science or related field recommended.
May substitute equivalent work experience.
Minimum of 5+ years of experience, with 3-5 years as production SQL DBA in all aspects of Database Management in a large/challenging database environment on a Windows platform. Skilled in SQL tuning/programming and database performance tuning.
Knowledge and Skills:
Hands on Experience implementing, monitoring, and supporting all versions of SQL Server. Prior Experience in implementing enterprise wide Backup/Recovery solution scripts and/or 3rd party backup utilities. Ability to perform professional level technical documentation and presentation. Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business relationships. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment