The Field Sales Representative plans, directs, and coordinates Rural/Metro Fire Operations local sales and marketing efforts within his or her assigned territory. The Sales Representative is responsible for establishing and maintaining key relationships, with a focus on insurance agencies, realtors, developers and targeted commercial and master contacts. The position is also responsible for developing and executing sales strategies that expand profitable fire subscriptions in their assigned area of responsibility.
Part 1: Job Objectives
- Identify sales opportunities supporting fire subscription growth and maintain relationships with key and new accounts for business development.
- Understanding of time and territory management including zoning a territory by customer potential and sales, creating/ owning daily schedule, using sales productivity tools. (example: Microsoft CRM software, Salesforce, etc.)
- Increases revenue and profitability by executing sound plans and achieving or exceeding sales goals.
- Make required number of calls (target average of 6-8 per day) based on territory plan.
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. This includes meeting customer retention goals.
- Provide timely feedback on market customer and competitive activity influencing the market
- Assist as needed in the development of new business within assigned area, including the negotiation and implementation of new contracts and contracts coming up for bid.
- Coordinate with Marketing Director to ensure all communication and marketing outreach is aligned with Rural/Metro brand guidelines and marketing strategy.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively execute field marketing campaigns and market development endeavors to management.
- Interact regularly with corporate partners in Business Development, Finance and local Fire Operations team to review leads, sales strategy and areas of opportunity and areas of concern.
- Attend customer events and tradeshows to grow the business, promote the company and show support for key customers in the market.
- Research sources in order to develop new business connections.
- Maintain and report goals, call objectives and outcomes for areas covered on a weekly basis.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers
- As needed, leads/assists with public relations activities in assigned market
- Set monthly goals in conjunction with Sales Manager and Marketing Director; monitor and reports results.
- Maintain contracts and accounts in CRM database - input, edit, and update information as needed.
- Develop and maintain sales territory plan, 90 day calendar, and activity tracker.
- Work with inside sales representatives/account managers to keep account activities current.
- Has complied and enforced all policies and procedures.
- Successfully completed all Compliance Training within the required time period.
- Was not suspended for delinquency of compliance training.
- Has had no compliance related corrective action.
- 3 -5 years outside sales experience, preferably in the area of insurance, healthcare, or contract services.
- Excellent internal and external customer service.
- Comfortable speaking with people, enthusiastic and persuasive.
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills necessary.
- Outstanding problem-solving and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong attention to detail, time management and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Microsoft Office CRM experience required.
- Must have a proven, successful sales track record.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Required: BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent's supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Rural/Metro Corporation is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.