Job Title: EV Fabricator / Welder 1
Reports To: Fabrication and Welding Supervisor
Location: Mineral Wells, TX
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Utilize basic fabrication and welding knowledge to support light emergency vehicle manufacturing. Fabrication and welding (Stick and Mig) of new and or modify existing bumpers, outriggers, mounting brackets other componentry, tools and shelving. Lead and educate other fabricators and welders as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Weld mild steel and aluminum, set and maintain welding machine (tip, liner changes, etc.) and weld vertical, horizontal.
- Perform all Mig and Stick welding procedures, including machine settings, bottles and necessary fittings.
- With supervision and guidance fabricate bumpers, brackets and other components including multiple complex angles and bending tubing.
- Inspect and repair materials and welds for cracks, burn through and weld spatter.
- Ensure parts and components are assembled per instructions for proper appearance and function.
- Installation of all interior/exterior components and hardware, including, bumpers, outriggers, brackets.
- Research and develop information independently.
- Read and interpret vehicle wiring diagrams, instructions and manuals.
- Ensure parts and components and electrical components are assembled per instructions for proper appearance and function.
- Repair defects and report repetitive quality issues.
- Keep all work areas, vehicles and equipment “Neat, Clean and Sanitary” at all times.
- Function with a minimal or no supervision.
- Follow and/or set work priorities to meet production goals as scheduled.
- Assist in training installers at all skill levels.
- Meet safety and QA/QC standards for all tasks.
- Familiar with Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan.
- Follow spill response procedures and evacuation routes.
- Will be required to climb on vehicles and be required to wear fall protection.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ensure that hazardous material is handled appropriately and placed into the proper container(s).
- Ensure that recyclable material is handled appropriately and placed into the proper container(s).
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Attend training in Hazardous Materials Handling Operations with an annual refresher course.
- Maintains all satellite and storage containers in a closed position unless adding or removing waste.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational School a plus.
- ASE, EVT, AWS and or I-CAR certifications a plus.
- Valid Class C drives license and inability driver larger emergency vehicles.
- Two years’ experience as a welder fabricator in aircraft, automotive, emergency vehicle or other transportation based manufacturing or other equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, understand instructions and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to read and use English and Metric measuring devices.
- Ability to recognize quality expected and be able to reproduce it.
- Ability to read and interpret shop orders, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Must be able to differentiate between color shades.
- Possess intermediate mechanical ability.
- Proficient with use of PC based computer including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to use basic mathematics.
- Must have general knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards.
- Fundamental use of various pneumatic tools, shop equipment and power tools.
- Must be able to grind, sand, rivet cut with plasma and touch and clean area where required.
- Basic knowledge of welding, cutting and fabrication.