PAT Administrator Support (MA/CNA) - Part Time
Reports To: Mobile Healthcare Manager
Department: Mobile Healthcare
Support the PAT Administrator by preparing all of the document packets needed for the candidates/employees to complete prior to taking the PAT as set forth in the PAT protocol, verifies that there are adequate supplies on hand for testing, administers the drug test per DOT standards and other related pre-screening, will serve as a spotter for the PAT Administrator for candidate/employee safety. Will work with HR on coordinating the scheduling of the candidates/employees, have the ability to enter into Oracle the results for the PAT, have the ability to access the website to print drug results, and provide PAT, drug and spirometry results to HR.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all supplies are ready and available for those testing.
- Reviews the documents completed by those testing for accuracy.
- Administers the drug test to those testing as per PAT protocol.
- Ensures that all those testing, pre-screening is completed and documented.
- Provides support to the PAT Administrator as a spotter to ensure candidates/employees perform the PAT safely.
- Complete training and understanding on Drug Screening practices.
- Maintains all certification related to Drug Screening and clinical skills (CPR, C.N.A, MA, etc.).
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Ensure that all related documents for the PAT are accurate and signed by appropriate parties.
- Ensure that all related documents are entered into Oracle and/or forwarded to the appropriate parties.
- Download drug results and print off Spirometry reports for candidate/employee files.
- Coordinate with HR regarding the scheduling of those that are testing which includes, dates, times and location as well as all preparatory information.
- For all support function roles – ability to use / operate standard office equipment and tools.
- Field Functions (Only) – Use / operate appropriate communications equipment, medical equipment, cleaning equipment, office equipment and tools. Appropriately uses medical equipment such as gurney, airway equipment/airway bag, IV, splints, bandages, and medications in rendering proper emergency medical treatment to patients. Must have the ability to read road maps, drive vehicle, accurately discern street signs and address numbers. Must be able to read medication/prescription labels and direction for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner. Must have ability to communicate verbally with patients and significant others in diverse cultural and age groups to interview patient, family members, and bystanders, and ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given. Must be able to document, in writing, all relevant information in prescribed format in light of legal ramifications of such; ability to converse with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
- Minimum 3 months or more of clinical, front/back office experience. Will accept a recommendation from program/course instructor and must have ranked top percentile of students that completed the program
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Current MA or C.N.A. certificate
- CPR Card (American Heart Association ONLY, Health Care Provider. Hand written cards are not acceptable)
- ICS courses, please refer to link http://training.fema.gov/IS/NIMS.asp.
· IS-100B (ICS 100)
· IS-200B (ICS 200)
· IS-700A (NIMS)
· IS-800B (NIMS)
Knowledge and Skills:
Effective oral, written and interpersonal skills, ability to work with Oracle, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Ability to perform basic vitals. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.