American Medical Response (AMR)
Position Title: Communications Manager
Reports To: Regional Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
SUMMARY: AMR of Western MA is searching for a Communications Manager for the Western MA communication center. The communication center is located in Springfield MA and is responsible for dispatching, call intake for the City’s of Springfield and Greenfield MA as well as for our New Hampshire Operations. In addition to the 911 dispatch responsibilities the center is also responsible for managing the Springfield CMED frequencies as well as the interfacility transports with our Health System partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist to identify, investigate, and resolve service related issues.
- Coordinate with the marketing department to institute and manage fee for service contracts.
- Assist in the development of the communications center to ensure that the contractual obligations of AMR are met.
- Directly manage the Communications Center Operations Supervisors and indirectly manage Dispatchers and Call Takers.
- Work with the Support Services Manager to ensure department and staff needs are met.
- Act as a representative of the communications department on assigned committees and for various meetings.
- Identify systems problems that could cause service-related issues.
- Effectively communicate with, and motivate employees.
- Disburse information and implement department policies and procedures.
- Maintain departmental records and reports.
- Work with other departments to identify emerging trends.
- Participate in programs to enhance AMR’s community image.
- Promote a high level of morale among employees.
- Assist with development of goals and objectives for the department.
- Participate in quality improvement activities; assists in maintaining compliance with all established customer service standards.
- Facilitate communications/field problem resolution.
- Monitor call accounting software to ensure proper use of staff and equipment.
- Serve as a departmental resource, and deal effectively with operational difficulties within the communications center.
- Effectively deal with departmental conflicts and provide adequate follow-up.
- Manage and maintain customers’ system status plans, and assure departmental compliance by all controllers.
- Prepare written reports and summaries as requested.
- Support and uphold established corporation and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement, and safety standards.
- Maintain performance levels consistent with departmental standards.
- Maintain a calm, non-emotional and professional atmosphere in the communications center at all times.
- Maintain competency and enhance professional growth and development through continuing education, conferences, and seminars.
- Maintain positive behaviors, approaches, attitude and commitment to interpersonal service toward customers, visitors, and coworkers.
- Attend scheduled department meetings and training sessions.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and work to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results. Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. BS/BA degree in Business or related field desired. EMD (Emergency Medical Dispatch) training/certification, EMT or Paramedic Training preferred.
BS/BA degree in Business or related field desired. EMD (Emergency Medical Dispatch) training/certification, EMT or Paramedic Training preferred.
Three years experience within a high profile EMS system. 3-5 years experience in a Communications leadership role. CAD and data entry experience. System Status Management experience. One year EMS or Public Safety experience and a strong background in customer relations desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong personnel management and staff development skills. Superior verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated technical knowledge pertaining to communications equipment. Ability to write and comprehend legal contracts. Excellent time management and organizational skills. Ability to perform in a high stress environment. Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers. Demonstrated knowledge pertaining to CQI and TQM.