Job Title: General Labor
Reports To: Production Lead
Department: Fleet Location: Mineral Wells, TX
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Utilize basic facilities maintenance and manufacturing knowledge to support light emergency vehicle manufacturing. Perform repairs on plumbing, sewer and drain, HVAC and other systems, maintain landscaping and general appearance of buildings and property. Support manufacturing opertaions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform repairs on plumbing, sewer and drain, HVAC and other systems.
- Maintain landscaping and general appearance of buildings and property.
- Assist the manufacturing operations in problem solving with regard to equipment and systems.
- Assist production staff as required.
- Ensure parts and components are assembled per instructions for proper appearance and function.
- Research and develop information independently.
- Read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, instructions and manuals.
- Ensure all jobs are performed per instructions for proper appearance and function.
- Repair defects and report repetitive quality issues.
- Keep all work areas, vehicles and equipment “Neat, Clean and Sanitary” at all times.
- Function with a minimal or no supervision.
- Follow and/or set work priorities to meet production goals as scheduled.
- Assist in training facilities personnel at all skill levels.
- Meet safety and QA/QC standards for all tasks.
- Familiar with Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan.
- Follow spill response procedures and evacuation routes.
- Will be required to climb on vehicles and buildings and be required to wear fall protection.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ensure that hazardous material is handled appropriately and placed into the proper container(s).
- Ensure that recyclable material is handled appropriately and placed into the proper container(s).
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Attend training in Hazardous Materials Handling Operations with an annual refresher course.
- Maintains all satellite and storage containers in a closed position unless adding or removing waste.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational School a plus
- CFM certifications a plus.
- Valid Class C drives license and inability driver larger emergency vehicles.
- One year experience in facilities maintenance preferably in manufacturing.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, understand instructions and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to read and use English and Metric measuring devices.
- Ability to recognize quality expected and be able to reproduce it.
- Ability to read and interpret shop orders, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Internal and external customer service skills.
- Experience with fleet maintenance software (RTA).
- Must be able to differentiate between color shades.
- Possess intermediate mechanical ability.
- Familiar with use of PC based computer including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to use basic mathematics.
- Must have general knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards.
- Fundamental use of various pneumatic tools, shop equipment and power tools.
- Basic electrical knowledge with ability to diagnose 12V and 110V electrical systems.
- Ability to diagnose and repair plumbing and sewer and drain issues.
- With assistance ability to diagnose and repair HVAC issues.