The Director of IT Field Technologies leads a national team of technical professionals responsible for setting strategic direction and providing operational support for technologies including CADs, GIS/mapping, and Radios. Works with Operation’s management and other IT resources to plan and support the maintenance, installation, upgrade and migration/consolidation of these technologies. Provides leadership in the evaluation and budget planning for new installations and advanced technologies, and manages vendor relationships on a national basis to leverage EMSC purchasing power. Participates fully in the establishment of GMR’s information technology vision and strategies to implement the approved vision and drive business growth. The successful candidate must be comfortable managing team members in multiple locations. Performs other duties as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aligns with the GMR IT Engineering Vision: Service Delivery (consistency, governance, stability and reliability), Technology Excellence, and Teamwork (partnership, communication, cooperation).
- Directs the national team to meet the goals of GMR IT Engineering and provides reporting and monitoring for adherence to those goals.
- Directs the national team responsible for day-to-day administration activities of CADs, radios, and communication technologies (e.g., modems, etc.) used by Communication Centers.
- Develops and directs the updating of GIS/maps in CADs and mobile units to keep them current within contractual compliance.
- Provides direction and coordinates resources to support the installation, upgrade and migration of these systems.
- Provides support to Operation’s management in developing the business case and budget planning for these types of systems, and provides leadership in evaluating advanced technologies that serve the Communication Centers and mobile units.
- Design programs that assure Operations is properly leveraging the capabilities of these systems, and provide training as necessary to facilitate standard operating procedures and best practices across the enterprise.
- Negotiate new purchase and maintenance agreements with vendors to assure maximum leverage of enterprise buying power.
- Develops, with IT leadership, strategic enterprise wide plans for policies, practices, and technology enhancements consistent with business requirements and IT resources.
- Hire & retain top talent. Create a learning organization and continuously develop and grow talent on the team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.Collaborate with the company’s Chief Medical Officer to further refine protocols that affect the call intake, on-scene, and hospital drop time intervals.
- Key Relationships: Part of the critical responsibility of the Director, IT Field Technologies is to partner with various members of the organization to achieve overarching enterprise objectives. This includes but is not limited to the Director of Network Engineering, Director of End User Computing, Director of Telecommunications, Comm Center and OEM business leaders, business analysts, project managers, call center managers, line of business leaders, and other members of management and staff.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience managing field related infrastructure (CAD, Radio, GIS) and related systems in a customer facing, high availability (24x7x365) environment
- 5+ years of experiencing managing software related solutions and life cycle management
- 5+ years of experience managing CAD, Radio and GIS engineers and staff
- 5+ years of experience managing CAD, AVL, MDT, ANI/ALI, Paging and Interface Solutions
- 5+ years of experience managing CAD solutions (e.g., Logis, Enroute, Tritech, Zoll)
- 5+ years of experience managing communications technologies (e.g., InMotion Modems, Cradlepoints, Sierra Wireless etc.)
- 5+ years of experience managing radio technologies (e.g., EsChat, Mindshare, RoIP, etc.)
- 5+_years of experience working within a PSAP, Secondary PSAP other 911 related system
- 3+ years of experience working with fire related systems (e.g., Firehouse Software, etc.)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Detailed knowledge of a variety of infrastructure platforms and architectures.
- Detailed knowledge of contact center operations, performance measurement, and reporting.
- Applicant is expected to have a high level of expertise in commonly used concepts, practices and policies within the emergency services field, specific to technology applied.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must be able to deal with highly urgent issues.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.