Job Title: Paramedic Basic Reports To: Field Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non Exempt -------$3,000.00 sign on bonus-------
Live where other people vacation and get a $3,000.00 sign on bonus!!
Bay County, Florida truly is a jewel in the Northwest Florida panhandle, where wonderful weather, friendly locals, beautiful condos, and breathtaking views await you and your family. Our white sandy beaches are world famous, but we are much more than just a beach. Our workforce, employment opportunities, and industries are abundant, and our economy is strong and growing. If you are looking at relocating, the area’s education systems are some of the best in the state, making Bay County a great place to live, learn, work, and play. If you are looking to vacation, family friendly hotels ready to welcome you. (pcbeach.org)
Join us and provide care to the world at a moment’s notice…
With a Career at Lifeguard Ambulance, you can make a difference. We need people just like you. Our dedicated team members are our strongest asset. And our ability to provide superior patient care, great customer service and to keep our company growing depends on the continued professional development of our world-class workforce.
With more than 35,000 team members and affiliated clinicians across the U.S. and worldwide focused on patient care, operations, billing and reimbursement, technology, logistics, fleet and communications, to name just a few, we challenge our employees every day to lead the way in patient care, customer service and operational excellence.
If you are up to the challenge of improving the healthcare landscape, join us. We offer a rewarding career, making a difference to people in need of care, as well as competitive benefits, opportunities for growth and advancement in a variety of career paths, flexible work schedules, and multiple locations to support your work/life balance.
Start here. Go Anywhere.
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
• Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
• Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
• Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
• Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
• Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
• Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
• Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit management as needed.
• Drive the ambulance and provide map reading support to minimize call response time.
• Continuously maintain all required certifications.
• Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
• Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of Lifeguard.
• Document activities with regard to patient care and billing completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.
• Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and turnaround times.
• Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when determining transportation destinations.
• Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice.
• Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all allied health and public safety personnel.
• Reports immediately to the on duty supervisor and/or account manager any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient interaction.
• Read road maps, drive vehicles, and accurately discern street signs and address numbers.
• Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
• Communicate verbally with patients and significant others in various environments to interview patient, family members, and bystanders.
• Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
• Converse with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient.
Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
• Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
• Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education preferred.
• Current state Paramedic License.
• Possess a valid State Driver’s License.
• Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP, BTLS or PHTLS Provider Certification (where applicable or required by contract).
• Driving record in compliance with Lifeguard Safety and Driving policy.