Job Title: EV Body Repair and Paint Finish Technician II
Reports To: Emergency Vehicle Coatings and Body Repair Lead
Location: Mineral Wells, TX
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Utilize advanced Paint and or Body Repair knowledge to support light emergency vehicle manufacturing. Perform ambulance body repair / pre-paint prep, paint, color sand and polish. Install vehicle graphics and wraps. Mix all products according to specifications. Check all body work for proper surface condition and fitment as required. Lead and educate Body Repair, Primer / Paint, Paint Finish Technicians, and others as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply primer, paint, clear coat and other coatings to various surfaces.
- Color sand and polish as needed.
- Perform auto body and parts repair including, replacing panels, using bondo/body filler, sanding, aligning panels, auto body disassembly and reassembly.
- Clean and inspect parts prior to body work and painting.
- Ability to determine the proper surface condition for acceptance of paint and repair.
- Must be able to retain information taught with regard to chemicals and related items and the proper usage of the same.
- Mix bondo and other paint and body products as prescribed by the manufacture
- Possess the able to correct errors in application of all types of body repair.
- Identify and understand the acceptable quality of finish.
- Follow all procedures for a quality and lasting body and paint repair.
- Ensure parts and components are assembled per instructions for proper appearance and function.
- Repair defects and report repetitive quality issues.
- Research and develop information independently.
- Keep all work areas, vehicles and equipment “Neat, Clean and Sanitary” at all times.
- Function with a minimal or no supervision.
- Follow and/or set work priorities to meet production goals as scheduled.
- Meet safety and QA/QC standards for all tasks.
- Familiar with Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan.
- Follow spill response procedures and evacuation routes.
- Will be required to climb on vehicles and be required to wear fall protection.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ensure that hazardous material is handled appropriately and placed into the proper container(s).
- Ensure that recyclable material is handled appropriately and placed into the proper container(s).
- Attend training in Hazardous Materials Handling Operations with an annual refresher course.
- Maintains all satellite and storage containers in a closed position unless adding or removing waste.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, understand instructions and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to read and use English and Metric measuring devices.
- Ability to recognize quality expected and be able to reproduce it.
- Ability to read and interpret shop orders, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Internal and external customer service skills.
- Must be able to differentiate between color shades.
- Possess basic mechanical ability.
- Familiar with use of PC based computer including Outlook.
- Ability to use basic mathematics.
- Must have general knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards.
- Fundamental use of various pneumatic tools, shop equipment and power tools.
- Basic electrical knowledge.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational School a plus.
- ASE, EVT, AWS and or I-CAR certifications a plus.
- Valid Class C drives license and ability driver larger emergency vehicles.
- Four years’ experience as an aircraft, automotive, emergency vehicle or other transportation-based body and paint technician or equivalent experience.