POSITION TITLE: Vehicle Support Technician
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SUMMARY: The Vehicle Support Technician (VST) is responsible for ensuring that all ambulances are “response ready” for the field crews coming in for their shift assignment, with the goal of reducing down time and increasing the quality and delivery of our services to the crews and our patients. The delivered product is a clean vehicle inside and outside with well stocked shelves and functioning equipment. It is important that the product produced is maintained to the highest standard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Vehicle inventory check/control of supplies and equipment.
- Clean ambulances inside and outside.
- Restock ambulance supplies daily.
- Ensure deep cycling of monitor batteries as required.
- Mechanical check vehicles, fluid, window washer fluid.
- Ensure the workspace is clean and organized.
- Requisition supplies for replacement.
- Inform Supervisor of breakdowns and cause of equipment failure for repair.
- Inform fleet maintenance of breakdowns and cause/reallocate ambulance to crew and keep accurate log.
- Document condition of ambulance turned in and schedule ambulance preparedness for shift personnel.
- Update “crew in service” information on computer for equipment tracking.
- Must be professional and appropriately dressed at all times.
- Respond to daily phone inquiries from crews to help facilitate coordination between departments.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other duties required.
High school diploma or GED. Possess and maintain an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record. Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Ability to work under time constraints. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Effective interpersonal skills.