Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Job responsibilities and knowledge
- Greet and assist all customers at front counter
- Answer and direct all incoming phone calls with “warm transfer” – take messages when necessary
- Retrieve and distribute all faxes throughout the day
- Process and distribute all incoming mail – USPS, FedEX and UPS
- Stamp all outgoing mail
- Process any returned mail (call student to verify, then change information in both systems and create new mailing out)
- Process all student payments (checks and credit/debit cards) - received by mail, phone or in-person
- Process all Accounts Payable weekly
- Producing and mailing of Instructor CE’s
- Maintaining van mileage database including weekly mileage report to maintenance warehouse.
- Maintain Office Supply Inventory. Send order to Manager monthly to replenish stock.
- Process and maintaining all NCTI EMT and Instructor shirt requests
- Maintain current inventory count in cabinets and database
- Review & send new shirt order to Manager
- Replenish stock as needed and reconcile inventory
- Changing security video tape
- Maintain shipping database (FedEx, USPS)
- Process NREMT retake fees on NREMT Skills day
- Processing card replacement fees
- Regular filing of processed AP invoices, registration forms, Vouchers, and misc. documents
- Any and all assignments given by Management
- Additional duties as assigned
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships within the organization based on experience and feedback obtained during the year.
- Utilizes tact and appropriate problem-solving process when dealing with issues identified.
- Relays concerns and initiates problem solving in a timely manner.
- Interacts positively with staff members, and students.
- Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality regarding student information.
- Executes job duties to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of cost factors in the routine performance of duties; maximizes cost efficiency; implements resource management strategies.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with other employees, supervisors and external parties.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information gained as result of job functions.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Demonstrates accuracy and proficiency in use of computer and software programs used by the Program.
- Ability to establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- High School or GED diploma required
- Experience with front office functions preferred.
- Two years of experience in front office/customer service functions preferred.
Physical demands/working conditions: Requires prolonged sitting, lifting and bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times.