Job Title: Human Resources Generalist (HR Generalist)
Reports To: HR Manager
Department: Human Resources
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
FLSA Status: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resources Generalist provides support for the Operations such as recruiting and selection for open positions, administration of affirmative action and salary guidelines, training, and performance management by working in partnership with other functional leaders and the National HR team. Ensure that human resource activities support the Service Vision and Values
- Ensures continuous staffing including screening candidates, scheduling, interviewing and making offers to candidates
- Assists the Operations leaders with meeting their hiring goals in accordance to Affirmative Action Policies and area staffing Achieves a minimum of 95% staffing levels.
- Meets with leaders to develop specific recruiting plans
- Develops partnerships with Operations leadership to facilitate efficient staffing/recruiting plans
- Screens and refers qualified applicants to hiring leader for interviewer
- Researches, analyzes, prepares and presents hiring Measures staffing resources efficiency and report to customers and HR management team.
- Sources candidates for all levels of positions using innovative and cost effective methods
- Schedules and attends job/career fairs as a source to generate qualified applicants
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with college, university and community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified applicants
- Creates efficient, effective job postings for print and Internet media sources
- Maintains candidate relationship management database to identify, attract, qualify and secure candidates
- Provides information on company operations and job opportunities to potential applicants
- Corresponds with candidates to notify them of opportunities
- Arranges travel and lodging for applicants, if necessary
- Conducts the intake and interview process of prospective candidates and internal transfer
- Conducts reference and background checks
- Conducts interviews as a first line filter of May provide initial screening for manager to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements.
- Responsible for HR administration including, but not limited to HRIS data entry and recordkeeping
- Conducts employee relation investigations when needed, including interviewing, documenting investigations and assisting leadership in corrective actions as needed
- In conjunction with the Leadership Team, develops and executes proactive strategies that enhance employee morale, lower turnover, meet financial needs of the Company, and provide a consistent strategy
- Handles leaves of absence (LOA) administration including minimizing potential negative impact of employee mandated Maintenance of database, tracking of leave and customer follow up.
- Assists employees with benefits, records, employment or training-related questions
- Keeps local management apprised of issues that jeopardize the achievement of objectives, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level
- Meets with front line employees to provide annual Mandatory Meeting review for subjects including but not limited to, Harassment Prevention; Workplace Violence; Anti-Hazing policies and review process
- Prepares and submits monthly staffing reports
- Participates in development of annual recruiting budgets
- Adheres to all company policies and proceedures
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Education/Licensing/Certification: HS Diploma or GED. Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Human Resources, Business, Sociology, or Public Policy preferred. PHR preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of two (2) years experience in recruitment/selection, affirmative action plan administration, development of staffing models, and employment law application.
- Knowledge and Skills: Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills