This person may sit in Denver, Scottsdale, Salt Lake, or in CA.
SUMMARY: The Financial Manager will support the Labor Relations department with specific project analysis on all Collective Bargaining Agreements across the organization. This person will be responsible for running various Contract Analsyis and what-if sceanarios to determine what can and cannot be negotiated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop systems to monitor, analyze, and report key operating statistics.
- Assist departmental personnel with budget activity.
- Develop financial projection structure to assess dollar value of collective bargaining agreements.
- Assist in the preparation of financial projections for current and new collective bargaining agreements.
- Continuous improvement of data collection, analytical processes and procedures.
- Assist all levels of the organization with financial measures of operations and financial processes.
- Attend contract negotiations when necessary and provide on-going financial cost assessments.
- Up to 50% travel may be required based on business needs.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Solid understanding of accounting, budgeting, variance analysis; forecasting and analytical skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot tables and advanced formula development.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects involving large data files utilizing strong problem solving skills under time constraints.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required with exceptional skill in conveying financial analysis data to others not experienced in financial situations.
- Experience with interpreting and comprehending complex contract language.
- Strong organization, project management, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong statistical background with experience in financial projections.
- Macro working knowledge of ambulance operations a plus.
- Oracle experience a plus.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to develop analysis of contracts, accounts, financial statements and internal systems data with limited supervision.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Finance or Accounting is required.
- Masters of Business Administration or CPA (preferred)
- Four years of professional experience in both accounting and financial analysis is required.