If you looking for an opportunity to be a part of professional team with a purpose to compassionately deliver high-quality service at a moment's notice then Emergency Medical Services (EMS) is the industry for you! We are seeking responsible, caring team members to transport our patients safely within San Diego County. If you enjoy an independent position, in a non-office setting, where each day is different, this job is for you! AMR not only provides free training and continuing education but will also help you promote to Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) by providing up to $2,000/annually in tuition reimbursement.
Job Title: Driver, Shuttle
Location: San Diego
Reports To: Operations Supervisor
Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
*Must have open availability, including swing & night shifts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport/Drive patients to and from medical facilities and/or home in a timely
- Utilize maps to locate hospitals, medical facilities, and patient home
- Complete Trip Sheet on a daily basis fully recording each
- Ensure wheelchair van is maintained and is in good working order; keep unit
- Know and use Standard Codes in radio
- Responsible for completing mechanical checklist for vehicle at the start of each
- Report mechanical problems to Fleet
- Adhere to all company policies and
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s It is the responsibility of every computer user to:Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered.Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read maps, drive vehicles and accurately discern street signs and address numbers.
- Operate wheelchair, hydraulic lift, wheelchair lift, and radio.
- Manage disposable supplies, take care of durable equipment, and use time clock.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements- (Field Employees Only)
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Successful completion of EVOC Driver's Training program.
- Must obtain and maintain applicable license for the area of operation
- Prefer experience from health care environment, mortuary or medical examiner’s office.