Job Title: Paramedic Basic Reports To: Field Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The following list represents the primary responsibilities of a Paramedic.
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
- Keep current on certifications.
- Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
- Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
- Participate in community programs to maintain AMR image and establish strong community relations.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and turnaround times.
- Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Must possess current Kansas Paramedic Certification
- Driving record in compliance with AMR policy.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- BLS and ACLS Certifications