$1000.00 Sign On Bonus
The responsibilities of the Billing Representative are to accurately post remittance advices, identify and track payment inconsistencies and to complete and document monthly audit requirements of contracted health plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately post health plan payments and reconcile daily.
- Accurately assign denial codes.
- Understand contractual expectations with health plans to identify and report payment inconsistencies.
- Perform and document post trip audits specified by contracted health plans.
- Responds to daily inbound/outbound telephone calls to facilitate explanation of co-payment balances due.
- Identify any inconsistent billing practice or methodology for further review. Forward identified transports to audit area for further investigation.
- Complete claim reprocessing projects as advised by Supervisor.
- Provide various support services within the billing department.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times whether in reference to confidential information or as it relates to medical information for specific patients.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with external customers.
- Meet daily productivity quotas on a consistent basis.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated familiarity with medical terminology and services.
- Previous experience in healthcare setting preferred.
- 0-2 year’s data entry.
Other i.e. knowledge and skills:
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Must type 30 wpm.
- Must operate 10-key calculator by touch.
- Must have effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.