Emergency Medical Technician
Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state, and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
No application will be considered complete without the following attachments:
- California Drivers License
- EMT State Card
- CPR Card ( Check local EMS website for approved providers)
- Ambulance Drivers License
- Medical Examiners Certificate
- Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
AMR Driving Policy
Driving record must be in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving Policy. (Proof will be required if a verbal contingent offer is made.)