Job title: AHA ACLS Instructor
Supervisor: Training Manager
General summary of duties: Functions as an Instructor for identified courses. Instruction may include skill labs, coordinating patient care scenarios, content delivery.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Job responsibilities and knowledge
- Ensures that practice and theory are current according to national standards and current evidence informed practice.
- Serves as an instructor/facilitator in skill labs using Program established teaching, evaluation, and testing tools.
- Serves as an instructor/facilitator of patient care scenarios.
- Maintains accurate documentation of student performance.
- Evaluates students in all three domains (cognitive, psychomotor, and affective) and provides feedback to students as appropriate and agreed upon with the Lead Instructor.
- Presents content for each course as mutually established with the Training Manager
- Maintains Instructor status for standardized courses as mutually agreed upon.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships within the organization based on experience and feedback obtained.
- Utilizes tact and appropriate problem-solving process when dealing with issues identified.
- Relays concerns and initiates problem solving in a timely manner.
- Interacts positively with staff members and students.
- Serves as a role model for students.
- Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality regarding student information.
- Executes assignments to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of cost factors in the routine performance of duties.
- Assists staff with the maintenance of Program equipment.
- Responds and adapts to changing expectations and reprioritizes as necessary to expedite Program needs.
- Assumes responsibility for effectively addressing issues and solving problems.
- Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Ability to deliver educational presentations applying principles of adult learning.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with other employees, supervisors and external parties.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information gained as result of positon functions.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- AHA ACLS Instructor required
- Minimum 6 months ACLS instructor preferred
Physical demands/working conditions: Requires prolonged sitting, lifting and bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Work is performed in a variety of settings to include field; emergency department and office environment. Work may be stressful at times.