Job Title: Mechanic Intermediate FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
“The Kansas City, Kansas and Pleasanton, Kansas operations of American Medical Response is seeking a Mechanic Associate and/or Mechanic Intermediate to manage a fleet of various Ford ambulances, both Mod and Van style. The salary range for this position is between $38,000 to $60,000 dependent upon experience and pertinent certifications. Competitive benefit options, paid holidays, paid time-off and company matched 401K are available.”
Provide preventive maintenance and repairs on fleet vehicles as assigned by Fleet Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Front Line Mechanic inspections and preventive maintenance on both diesel and gasoline vehicles as per policies and procedures.
- Performs mechanical and electrical repairs as per policies and procedures.
- Responds to vehicle breakdowns in the field when requested.
- Assists other Mechanics as needed.
- Operates company vehicles in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Completes all required paperwork neatly, correctly and on time.
- Uses parts computer to locate needed parts and verify correct application.
- Attend all mandatory fleet training.
- Performs all other duties as requested by Fleet Maintenance Manager.
- Vehicles repaired and maintained correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Quickly respond, diagnose and repair vehicles during road call situations.
- Maintain safe and clean work area.
- Accurately account for all parts and materials.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Maintain good working relationship with all personnel and professional conduct with outside contacts.
- Takes responsibility for and demonstrates safe work practices.
- Adheres to organization and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Identifies and reports safety problems.
- Adheres to Fleet policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma, or equivalent education.
- Must have a current valid driver’s license.
- Must have a driving record in compliance within the Company requirements
- 2 ASE Certifications (Any combination A1-A8).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions on memos, letters, various documents and repair manuals
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Must have a basic set of personal tools.