Paramedic (Full Time/Part Time)
Reports To: Operations Supervisor
$10,000 Sign On Bonus
Sign On Bonus does NOT apply to internal employees within Envision Healthcare.
Want to make a difference in your community's health?
With a Career at AMR, you can make a difference.
We are currently hiring qualified Paramedics to join our fast pace team of Professionals.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to team up with the nation's largest private provider of medical transportation services.
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Ca Drivers’ License
- Ambulance Driver’s License (from DMV)
- Medical Examiner’s Card or DL51 (from DMV)
- State of California Paramedic License
- CPR Card (American Heart Association ONLY, Health Care Provider. Hand written cards are not acceptable)
- ACLS Card (American Heart Association ONLY, hand written cards are not acceptable)
- PALS (American Heart Association ONLY, hand written cards are not acceptable) OR PEPP (only required for Riverside, LA & Ventura Co. applicants)
- Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment is made)
- ICS courses, please refer to link http://training.fema.gov/IS/NIMS.asp.
· IS-100B (ICS 100)
· IS-200B (ICS 200)
· IS-700A (NIMS)
· IS-800B (NIMS)