Location: Napa, CA
POSITION SUMMARY: Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state, and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS & DOCUMENTATION:
- State & County EMT Cards
- CA Driver's License
- Ambulance Driver's License
- AHA BLS Card
- Medical Examiner's Certificate
- Proof of Vaccinations (to include TDaP, TB testing, MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella / Chicken Pox, and Influenza); titers demonstrating immunity may be substituted for the proof of vaccination, and poof of vaccines in progress will be accepted
- ICS 100, ICS 200, NIMS 700 (optional, but preferred)
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
Must be at least 18 years of age
Driving Record in compliance with AMR's Safety & Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment offer is made)
Some advanced education preferred
Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare
Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions