Job Title: Financial Analyst - Intermediate
Reports To: Regional Operating & Finance Officer
Department: AMR Southeast Region
Location: Birmingham, AL, Nashville, TN or Atlanta, GA
The Financial Analyst continuously pursues opportunities for operational efficiencies, streamlines financial reporting processes, and assists all levels of the organization with financial analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review data, reports and statistical information, analyze trends and render adjustments to priorities and operations to increase effectiveness
- Coordinates with Operations Management on identifying gaps, process issues or areas of concern during the business flow process. Determines potential loss of revenue or incurred expense associated with these issues
- Works with the Accounting Department during the monthly close process and prepares journal entries
- Develop a detailed understanding of contracts with clientele to ensure contractual requirements are being met.
- Prepare and present key executive summary analysis to Operations and South Region leadership
- Prepare and present budgets, forecasts, reporting, and analysis; providing insight and recommendations for cost savings or profitability improvement strategies
- Develop new reports and models as needed
- Provide continuous improvement of data collection, analytical processes and procedures
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Adhere to and comply with Information Systems security. Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report Information Systems security problems.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
Two (2) years minimum experience in corporate finance required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Financial Statements, (e.g., balance sheet, income statement, statement of retained earnings, statement of cash flows)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization, project management, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Excel, Access, Word and ERP systems is required.
- Self-starter and the ability to work unsupervised.