Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician-Intermediate
Location: FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Quickly and safely locates addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit’s ability to complete a call.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Paramedic or Supervisor.
- Meets and communicates with existing customers/staff members (including skilled nursing, assisted living, and hospital facilities) on a regular basis to ensure that AMR is meeting their needs and to determine if there are any additional services that AMR is able to provide for them. Reports these interactions to the operations and/or account manager on a regular basis.
- Works collaboratively with all allied health and public safety personnel at all times to ensure excellent customer service and the best possible patient care.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with allied health and public safety personnel.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient assessment and treatment
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient statistical and billing information and services rendered
- Reads road maps, drives vehicles, and accurately discerns street signs and address numbers.
- Reads medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
- Communicates verbally with patients and significant others in diverse cultural and age groups to interview patient, family members, and bystanders, and ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
- Documents in writing, all relevant information in prescribed format in light of legal ramifications of such
- Converses with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient.
- Maintains a driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving Policy
- Adherence to medical treatment protocol
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of the quarters to which assigned.
- Actively solicits new business opportunities from facilities that we do not currently provide services for. Reports any interest in AMR’s services from these facilities to the operations and/or account manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
- Full-time Paramedic: $3,000.00 ($1,500.00 after completion of 3rd ride and $1,500.00 after the 1st year)
- Full-time EMT- I/A: $1,500.00 ($750.00 after completion of 3rd ride and $750.00 after the 1st year)
Must Work as a Full Time Employee for 12 Consecutive Months.