SUMMARY: Under general direction, oversees Clinical and Education Services (CES) activities for the local service area. Represents AMR to local committees, medical and training institutions, and other related agencies. Responsible for the creation, implementation and tracking of education programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in recruitment through involvement in area EMS classes and career days.
- Assist in the development of an orientation program and a system of continuing education
- Actively participate in and/or develop a process for the evaluation and/or selection of equipment .
- Develop education process to include course objectives, examinations and manuals for use as lesson plans.
- Conduct orientation classes, IV certification courses, ACLS/PALS instructor and re-certification courses, CPR/AED/National Safety Council first aid instructor re-certification courses and BLS instructor and re-certification courses.
- Work with local physician advisory groups.
- Participate in clinical aspects of problem resolution.
- Oversee any clinical requirements related to contracts, agreements, etc.
- Track and review events in response to complaints and/or compliments relating to medical performance.
- Conduct clinical quality assurance investigations immediately upon receiving information regarding a possible protocol or standard of care violation. In most cases, investigation should be completed within 72 hours of initial report. Document findings in writing. Provide timely briefings to the Operations Manager on incidents and investigations.
- Responsible for overseeing tracking and maintenance of employee certifications and vaccinations in a database.
- Identify, develop and implement quality improvement (QI) programs. In order to assure clinical excellence, programs should include, but are not limited to: proactive and retrospective elements of QI concerning clinical call reviews, chart reviews and trend analysis for both individual and group clinical performance. Such programs should drive the continuing education (CE) process and related courses offered to field personnel.
- Represent AMR with local EMS education programs and assure integration with internship and preceptor needs.
- Serve as a clinical resource for field and management personnel.
- Assist in the creation/revision of medical policy, medical protocols and SOPs.
- Oversee clinical aspects of field performance.
- Represent the Manager of Clinical and Education Services.
- Conduct clinical call reviews and investigations.
- Participate in scheduling third riders.
- Coordinate evaluations for local paramedic school candidates.
- Schedule continuing education programs pertinent to field education needs.
- Work with other CES Coordinators to assure standardization of CES programs throughout the service areas.
- Reviews completed patient care reports for accuracy.
- Provides clinical support for documentation and billing personnel.
- Participates in appeals processes from a clinical perspective.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED.
- The following certifications are required: ACLS and PALS instructor certification, Able to obtain State certification as a Paramedic, acceptable driving record.
Minimum of 3 years experience in the direct delivery of pre-hospital advanced life support as a Paramedic.
Experience in performing, evaluating, instructing, and coaching all aspects of the delivery of pre-hospital care.
Current employees must be free of any clinical/corrective action issues within the past 90 days.
Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
Basic knowledge of computers and Windows software.
Strong working knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement concepts and principles.
Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Perform other duties as required.