Job Title: Specialist Risk and Safety, Ground
Reports To: Regional Manager of Risk and Safety
Department: GMR Safety
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Specialist for Safety, Health and Risk Management is responsible for coordinating safety and risk management activities in business units. This individual will be the Champion for Safety, Health and Risk Management initiatives within the operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates the investigation and reporting of all safety incidents to the Region Director or Manager for Safety, Health and Risk Management or designee and coordinate the collection of information needed filing a claim.
- Regularly visit operational locations and conducts ride-a-longs to observe conditions and identify needs to improve the safety of the operation.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and communication within the operation at all levels and provides counsel to management on safety and risk management.
- Ensures the effective implementation of the GMR Safety Management System.
- Serves as a resource to management and employees on exposures to infectious diseases.
- Assists in the direction of employee health services regarding immunizations, testing and post exposure follow-up.
- Ensures posting of the OSHA 300A log.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility.It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned or duties may change based on business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences, Occupational Safety and Health, or Industrial Safety is preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in safety and risk management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and associated word-processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and employees.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.