Operations Supervisor (Full Time)
Reports To: Operations Manager
Internal Applicants please apply through the Home Portal, AMR Employee Career Portal.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day operations including facilitation of internal communication between field staff and management, outside agency interface, system status monitoring, facilitating short-term scheduling needs, equipment and supply maintenance, as well as other operational support functions as assigned by the Manager of Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct, monitor, communicate with and evaluate all field employees in his/her assigned area.
- Liaison with patients, public safety agencies, training institutions, hospital personnel, and other system users.
- Ensure maintenance of quality field operations through daily contact, oversight, communication, and evaluation.
- Prepare employee evaluations and field crew contact reports.
- Provide staff counseling and guidance and information regarding AMR operations.
- Promptly investigates incidents involving assigned units or personnel, including, filing of internal and external reports, and counseling staff.
- Ensure maintenance of adequate levels of staffing, equipment and medical supplies for field units.
- Responsible for complying with all local, state, and federal employment laws and company policies. (i.e., Americans with Disability Act, Affirmative Action Plan, etc.)
- Prepare reports and manages projects as assigned by Operations Manager or Director of Operations.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- EMS Field Experience
- Current Paramedic or EMT certification/all other required certifications
- Driving policy in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability
- Associate of Arts or Bachelor of Science or Arts in Business, Healthcare or Appropriate Field of Study
- At least 6 months of past supervisory experience
- At least 6 months Associate's Supervisor and/ Field Training officer experience or Instructor experience
- Experience as a SSC or EMD
- Ability to employ discretion and confidentiality
Knowledge and Skills:
Must be able to drive an ambulance and have a driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability. Microsoft office experience. Thorough knowledge of system status management. Effective oral and written and Interpersonal communication.