Job Title: Coordinator Quality Assurance – Dispatch
Reports To: Communications Manager
Department: Communications Location: Sumter, FL
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Coordinator Quality Assurance will provide support to the Communication Department’s quality process, conduct various quality checks, improve processes, and provide refresher and ongoing quality checks. Along with being responsible for direction and operation of the communications center training program for new and existing employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate the new hire on boarding including but not limited to creating classroom training, reviewing new hire progression, and managing new hire clearance.
- Responsible for the recruitment efforts within the center, including identifying staffing needs, application review and interview processes.
- Function as a Supervisor or Dispatcher when necessary.
- Is active in the development, coordinating and administration of continuing education and remedial training in the scope of Quality Assurance and Improvement.
- Works in conjunction with the leadership team to effectively communicate, motivate and promote high level of moral among employees.
- Serves as a positive departmental resource and interacts to effectively bring resolution to departmental issues and provides adequate follow-up.
- Develops skills and talents of all personnel and ensures equal employment opportunities for all employees.
- Maintains competency and enhances professional growth and development through continuing education, conferences, and seminars.
- Attends scheduled department meetings and committees.
- Participate in quality improvement activities; assists in maintaining compliance with all established customer service standards.
- Maintain exceptional knowledge of specified service areas, contractual transport agreements.
- Serve as a positive departmental resource and interacts to effectively bring resolution to department issues and provides adequate follow-up.
- Provides adequate follow-up to leadership based off quality reviews
- Maintain positive behaviors, approaches, attitude and commitment to interpersonal service toward customers, visitors, and coworkers.
- Interact effectively to new and existing team members to teach quality values for the department.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Lead and conduct the QA efforts of the Communications Center in a manner compliant with IAED standard to meet and maintain ACE.
- Oversee the County Dispatch Review Committee.
- Maintain long term and assist with short term scheduling of Communications employees.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:Education/Licensing/Certification:
- Must have a High school diploma or receive a GED within 6 months of being hired.
- FL PST preferred or must obtain within 6 months of hire
- Must have EMD and EFD certifications
- Preferred, EMD and EFD Q certificationsExperience:
- Must have 1-year, preferred 3 years, of 9-1-1 Communications experience and a strong background in customer relations desired.
- Preferred at least 1 year experience at active Q work for EMD and/or EFDKnowledge and Skills:
- Basic computer skills.
- Proven ability to learn quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills, spoken and written.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to record, transmit, and report information accurately.
- Ability to efficiently utilize all equipment assigned to him/her and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.