With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services in the United States, the District of Columbia and around the world. GMR was formed by combining the industry leaders in air, ground, managed medical transportation, and community, industrial/specialty and wildland fire services. Each of our companies have long histories of proudly serving the communities where we live: American Medical Response (AMR), Rural Metro Fire, Air Evac Lifeteam, REACH Air Medical Services, Med-Trans Corporation, AirMed International and Guardian Flight.
Our mission is providing care to the world at a moment's notice and is at the heart of everything we do.
Interested in joining our team?
SUMMARY: Responsible for preparation of financial statements, month-end general ledger close, account analysis, account reconciliations, and general and specific project analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and analyze monthly internal financial statements for certain affiliated companies.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and prepare monthly support schedules and account analysis.
- Work with region accounting personnel to close general ledger monthly.
- Analyze actual to budget variances and discuss in monthly region review meeting.
- Assist in streamlining and reducing the monthly general ledger close process.
- Assist with development and implementation of accounting policy and procedures.
- Prepare necessary journal entries.
- Preparation of schedules and financial statements for internal and external audits.
- Assist Director of Accounting and/or Accounting Manager by assembling and presenting any requested information necessary for the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Responsible for special projects/reports as assigned.
- Responsible for adhering to all company polices and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
NON ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- BS/BA in accounting and CPA preferred.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience as an accountant in a multi-company, multi-location environment helpful.
- General ledger close for multiple entities, financial reporting, account analysis, and account reconciliation experience required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access and Word required.
- Must have effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be a self starter and have the ability to develop analysis of accounts and financial statements with limited supervision.
- Ability to work with others in a high volume, fast-paced environment.