Job Title: Finance Manager
Job Location: Concord, CA
**Potential Ability to Work from Home**
SUMMARY: With the guidance of the Vice President of Finance, the Area Manager of Financial Operations will assist all levels of the organization with financial management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide financial reporting and analytical support for multiple county contracts.
- Monitor average patient charge, payor mix, cash performance, and DSO trends versus budget by contract, payor, and County.
- Pursue continuous improvement of data collection, analytical processes, reporting methods, and financial modeling techniques.
- Facilitate the financial education and capabilities within operations management.
- Assure that scheduled price adjustments are implemented on a timely basis.
- Pursue continuing education on Medicare and other billing laws and regulations.
- Assist the VP of Finance in communicating and execution of specific initiatives and policy.
- Monitor bi-weekly payroll performance versus budget and trend.
- Monitor patient pre-billing and cash collection work flow performance.
- Participate in weekly Area KPI conference calls to monitor transport and deployment trends.
- Perform performance analysis on proposed facility and payor contracts.
- Assist operations personnel with budgeting activity, proper expenditure allocations, coding, document preparation, and other accounting related activities.
- Consolidate and reforecast operating and capital budgets as necessary.
- Coordinate and provide assistance with outside auditors for annual and special projects as needed.
- Perform month-end financial review to detect reporting errors and to recommend accrual adjustments to Corporate Accounting.
- Conduct periodic review of existing contract performance.
- Provide analytical support to labor union negotiating teams.
- Assist in the education and enforcement of corporate policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate in all recurring Area management meetings.
- Participate on Regional tasks and special projects as assigned by the VP of Finance.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Effective information systems security is a team effort involving the participation and support of every AMR employee who deals with information and/or information systems. It is the responsibility of every computer user to:
- Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures
- Attend Information Systems security training, when offered
- Report Information Systems security problems
REGIONAL SUPPORT DUTIES:
In addition to the specific duties outlined above, the Area Manager of Financial Operations will be solely responsible for one or more of the following areas on a Regional level:
- Continuous development and bi-weekly preparation of KPI Form B payroll reporting.
- Maintain fixed asset schedules and provide periodic reporting.
- Develop and maintain HOST budgeting templates for use throughout the region.
- Rotate as primary finance staff for County Request for Proposal projects.
- Provide analytical support to payroll and purchasing staff.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly “Flash” financial reporting.
- Rotate as primary finance staff for acquisition modeling and due diligence work.
High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or appropriate field of study or equivalent experience preferred. Minimum of five years of professional experience in similar duties. Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Financial reporting software (HOST or similar). Multi-divisional budgeting or accounting experience, statistical background with experience in financial projections, and/or macro level working knowledge of ambulance operations is preferred. CPA or MBA is also preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Access a plus.
Frequently: Reading, walking inside, seeing.
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, sitting.
Frequently: Analyzing, decision making.
Constantly: Simple reading and writing, high math and writing skills, clerical, memorization, perception/computation, problem solving, simple math skills, and judgment reasoning.
Frequently: Intense tasks, busy environment.
Constantly: High pressure.
Occasionally: Terminal, facsimile, computer/typewriter, keyboard, stapler, 3 hole punch, sharpener, and calculator.
Frequently: Telephone, pager, cell phone.
Occasionally: Extended day.
Constantly: Works alone, with and around others, face-to-face and verbal contact inside.