The Manager of Telecommunications Technology leads an enterprise team of professionals responsible for designing and supporting telecommunications systems and contact center solutions that support business functions across all GMR and its subsidiaries. Manages and works hands-on with a team of technology professionals to build scalable, resilient, and value adding technology systems. Works with other IT groups to install, maintain, and manage the telecommunications systems as a component of the overall infrastructure. Participates fully in the establishment of GMR’s information technology vision and strategies to implement the approved vision and drive business growth. The successful candidate must be comfortable managing team members in multiple locations. Performs other duties as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aligns with the GMR IT Engineering Vision: Service Delivery (consistency, governance, stability and reliability), Technology Excellence, and Teamwork (partnership, communication, cooperation).
- Manage the enterprise’s telecommunications engineering team. This includes hiring, training, staff development, performance management and annual performance appraisals.
- Directs, manages and coordinates resources & solutions to support the day-to-day administration, installation, upgrade and migration of telecommunication systems and contact center solutions.
- Develops and directs the skill sets needed to continue to provide high-quality support GMR business units with telecommunications and contact center solutions.
- Manages a team of engineers responsible for the design of highly scalable, highly available telecommunications solutions to meet business and clinical requirements.
- Partners with Network Engineering and Server Engineering leadership to implement and support the vision, purpose and values of the IT Infrastructure & Operations organization.
- Works with business owners to develop performance reporting solutions to assist in the effective management of contact center operations and customer and patient facing applications.
- Supports the negotiation of new purchases and maintenance agreements with vendors to assure maximum leverage of enterprise buying power.
- Develops, with IT leadership, strategic enterprise wide plans for policies, practices, and technology enhancements consistent with business requirements and IT resources.
- Provides leadership and guidance to group-level telecommunication leaders and employees to collaboratively assist those teams in building successful telecommunications solutions and programs.
- Knowledge of pro-forma development and budget development/tracking required – Financial acumen.
- Experience presenting and working with all levels of employees of employees including C Suite Executives.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Mentors employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results. Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
- Key Relationships: Part of the critical responsibility of the Manager is to partner with various members of the organization to achieve overarching enterprise objectives. This includes but is not limited to the engineering, EUC, field technology leadership - business analysts, project managers, call center managers, line of business leaders, and other members of management and staff.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience managing telecommunications and contact center solutions in a customer facing, high availability environment
- 5+ years of experience managing telecommunication engineers and staff
- 5+ years of experience managing Avaya, Cisco telephony solutions
- 5+ years of experience with VoIP related solutions including SIP, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with NICE call recording or comparable solutions (e.g., Verint, Calabrio, Oaisys)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Detailed knowledge of a variety of telecommunication platforms and architectures.
- Detailed knowledge of contact center operations, performance measurement, and reporting.
- Applicant is expected to have a high level of expertise in commonly used concepts, practices and policies within the telecommunications field.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Must be able to deal with highly urgent issues.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.