Job Title: Manager, Infrastructure Engineering
Reports To: Director, Infrastructure Engineering
Department: Information Technology Location: Greenwood Village, CO/Dallas, TX
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under the guidance of the Director of Infrastructure Engineering, will assist in the management of day-to-day IT infrastructure and operations and managing a dispersed team of administrators and engineers. Responsible for all information systems operations activities, including data centers and operations support. Responsible for meeting budget goals and objectives. Provides input to policy level direction regarding standards and budget constraints. Makes decisions on personnel actions (hiring, terminations, promotions, etc). Assigns personnel to projects and directs their activities. Reviews and evaluates work and prepares performance reports. Confers with and advises subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities and methods. Consults with personnel in other information systems sections to coordinate activities. Prepares activity reports regarding information system operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position functions as a hands-on technical manager for all IT systems administration and support activities including managing the Infrastructure Engineering Team on their day-to-day system management and support activities.
- Aligns with the GMR IT Engineering Vision: Service Delivery (consistency, governance, stability and reliability), Technology Excellence, and Teamwork (partnership, communication, cooperation).
- Manage relationships with all system, third party software, support, and data center vendors.
- Define, implement, and monitor all infrastructure and third-party software system solutions to ensure all production and critical systems are recoverable with no chance of data loss and meeting business reliability and performance SLAs.
- Performs special projects pertaining to implemntation and support services of technology products at the direction of department manager
- Develops, updates, and maintains systems and support documentation at the direction of management.
- Responsible for keeping all systems and warranties up to date and active in the data centers.
- Responsible to protect customer and company data located in the data centers, per department policy. This includes security from unauthorized access and protection from unauthorized deletion.
- Responsible for system availability and ensuring department policy is followed for maintenance windows and service disruptions.
- Works with business units to ensure appropriate service levels are maintained.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Mentor team, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results. Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Project management and other duties as assigned.
- 10% travel is required
- Prior IT administration and management experience in the Healthcare environement preferred.
- Working knowledge of compliance frameworks and security management standards (e.g. NIST 800-53 or NIST CSF, HITRUST, PCI DSS, HIPAA, ISO 27002, COBIT)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related major. 5 years of IT related experience can be substituted.
- VCP, CCNA/CCNP, MSCE, ITIL certifications preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience related to areas of position responsibilities and a minimum 5 years management experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong technical skills in infrastructure technologies and standards with hands-on experience.
- Proficient in ITSM processes and procedures
- Hands on administration and management of Cisco UCS infrastructure
- In-depth knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Powershell scripting,
- Experience in SAN/NAS administration and Management. Specific experience with Netapp, Pure, EMC, and Tintri storage arrays preferred.
- Experience with business continuity policies, platforms, and best practices.
- Knowledge of various operating system flavors including but not limited to Windows (Current versions), Linux, Unix
- Proficient in preparation of reports, dashboards and documentation
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Experience in performing vendor management as required
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with key stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills to communicate and gain support for infrastructure-related concepts and initiatives across the organization.
- Ability to present technolgy concepts to all levels of the organization and explain their relevance to the executive management team.
- Able to work with technical and non-technical staff to manage project deliverables and team relationships.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Technical creativity and priority management skills to accomplish a variety of projects.
Global Medical Response (GMR) is the nation’s leading provider of medical transportation and community-based mobile healthcare. Every year more than 38,000 GMR paramedics, EMTs, RNs and other professionals work together to provide emergency care, non-emergency medical transportation and air and ground mobile healthcare services in communities across the country.