The Dispatcher manages all aspects of routing transportation orders to external providers efficiently, ensuring all prior day transportation are assigned to appropriate providers. Manages same day dispatch issues and requests. This position supports all Departments within ComTrans and in support of the ComTrans mission and goals. This position utilizes business knowledge, independent and creative thinking. ComTrans is a safety sensitive company
Job description(s) are subject to change based on business necessity
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular: Full-time; $16-$18 per hour depending on experience / non-exempt position.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent preferred but not required
Experience: 2-4 years experience in routing and dispatch required.
Age: All ComTrans employees must be at least 18 years old.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
The Dispatcher must be able to:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and written in English.
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable of our all dispatch function (viewed as an expert) including routing, scheduling, mapping, time constraints, and data entry.
- Maintain an organized and efficient work environment.
- Exceptional knowledge of all area streets, address, direction.
- Multi-task, balance workload, and demonstrate good organization skills.
- Work independently with little supervision.
- Be a strong team player.
- Understand customer service internally and externally.
- Utilize information systems and the Microsoft Office suite of Programs.
- Able to quickly learn and become an expert in routing program(s)
- Use sound judgment in making decisions and solving problems.
- Utilize time management skills - prioritizing and planning.Physical Requirements:
- Administrative requirements
- Ability to perform sedentary work involving sitting most of the time and for long periods of time.
- Able to perform fingering activities such as typing.
- Perform repetitive activities such as typing, using a telephone
- Must have adequate visual acuity as required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing a computer terminal, expansive reading.REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to, the following:
- The Dispatcher Dispatch Manager/Operations Manager
- Ensure all prior day transports are routed to external providers.
- Process same day and urgent requests, communicating directly with external providers to cover trips.
- Identify recurring transports and attempt to assign to consistent provider.
- Work with provider(s) to resolve trip issues (late, no-shows, etc.)
- Review trips requests for accuracy (address, appointment time, return times, etc., )
- Answer phone calls from customers and communicate with providers to resolve customer issues (ETA’s, no-show, etc.)
- Provide customers with trip confirmations and ETA’s, call providers when necessary.
- Work with providers in providing trip data.
- Conduct preliminary investigation regarding customer complaints by contacting assigned provider.
- Perform data entry as required
- Other duties as assigned.MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE:
- The Dispatch Manager/Operations Manager will evaluate the performance contribution of the Dispatcher:
- Ability to process trips efficiently
- High level of customer service.
- Responsiveness to deadlines.
- Timeliness, accuracy & completion of schedules.
- Attendance and Reliability