Date: October 23, 2019
Job Title: Special Detail Paramedic/ Class D Security Officer
To provide Advance Life Support response, assessment and care, along with Class D security officer duties, as per State of Florida regulations and standing post orders.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides emergency and non-emergency medical and security operations in conjunction with demonstrating excellent driving judgement and due regard for public safety during operation and positioning of unit.
- Responds to all assigned calls in the most appropriate, safe, and efficient manner to quickly assess the scene and request other help if needed.
- Provides ALS patient care in accordance with established procedures, and observing prescribed local protocols and clinical practices. Assesses and treats patients with appropriate techniques, resources, and equipment.
- Completes appropriate medical records and other reports.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of current Paramedic and Class D security officer standards, including equipment function and use and all pertinent regulations.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of local geography, including mapping, street, and grid book systems.
- Maintains units and equipment in a clean, organized and ready condition after each response.
- Ensures proper fuel, fluid, and tire pressure levels at all times. Reports equipment damage or malfunctions as prescribed.
- All other related duties as assigned and per standing post orders.
QUALIFICATIONS required to perform ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Emergency clinical practices, procedures and protocol
- Use of medical and related emergency equipment
- Local geography
- Standing post orders and regulations related to a Class D security officer
- Assessing and treating patients
- Exercising good judgement, dexterity and physical coordination
- Preparing clear and concise reports
- Driving emergency vehicles
- Behavioral and Physical Skills
- Act calmly and quickly in emergency situations.
- Work independently as part of a team, sometimes alongside emergency fire and police units
- Create and maintain a positive and cooperative working environment in stressful situation
- Work during odd hours and for extended periods, sometimes outdoors and in adverse weather conditions.
- Work with much standing, bending, and kneeling.
- Interact with the public and other first responders, in a professional manner at all times
- Maintain a groomed and professional appearance
- Avoid or minimize health risks from exposure to ill patients.
- Certification(s) and/or License(s):
- Paramedic certification applicable to work location.
- State of Florida Class D security officer license
- Current state driver’s license.
- EVOC Certification.
- CPR Certification.
- ACLS Certification
- PALS certification within 3 months of placement
EMPLOYEE NAME - PLEASE PRINT
EMPLOYEE SIGNATURE DATE
REVIEWED BY: _________ _______ DEPARTMENT HEAD DATE