AMR Palm Springs is looking for temporary assignments to work the 2020 Coachella and Stage Coach Music Festivals. The 10 hour to 14 hour work shifts will vary from days, swing and nights. The dates are April 10 -12 , 17 - 19, & 24 - 26.
After the submission of your application our Palm Springs Operation will contact you to schedule an interview and submission of your certifications (please refer to the job description below for a list of required certifications). Our office is located at 1111 Montalvo Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262. Please dress appropriately for an interview, park on the street.
We are seeking compassionate and professional Registered Nurses with 2 years Emergency Department/Critical Care Experience.
CCT Registered Nurse (Temporary)
Reports To: Nurse Manager
We are seeking a compassionate and professional Registered Nurse looking for a new opportunity of delivering patient care. AMR has immediate openings for RN’s with 2 years ICU RN experience.
Join our AMR team of dedicated patient-focused professionals.
While providing the highest quality care, the CCT nurse performs basic, advance life support and critical care nursing during inter-facility transports. AMR patients include individuals coming out of definitive observation units, Emergency Rooms or Intensive Care Unit’s who often are transported because of a need for a higher level of care. The CCT nurse functions under the standing orders of the sending physician pr the AMR medical director.
The Critical Care Transport Registered Nurse performs basic life support, advance life support and critical care nursing. The CCT Transport Nurse provides direct patient care to the ill and injured during the transport and the local EMS transport and treatment protocols. The CCT Transport Nurse functions under standing orders of the physician or the medical director. The CCT Transport Nurse performs assessments, treats, and monitors patients during inter-facility transports.
REGISTERED NURSE ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Responds to patient care and/or critical care transport unit calls according to program protocols.
- Provides high quality routine and emergency nursing care of the patient in the transport environment in accordance with established CCT program policies, protocols, standards of care, standing orders, and under the medical control of the sending physician.
- Provides patient care within the Registered Nurse scope of practice as defined by the Board of Registered Nursing and per CCT standardized procedure, utilizing critical thinking skills to manage the critically ill or injured adult or pediatric patient.
- Performs a complete assessment on each transport patient.
- Documents all assessment findings, therapeutic interventions performed and patient responses on the CCT Patient Care Record.
- Notes all physicians’ transport orders.
- Acts as a member of the Critical Care Transport Team by assisting the EMT's in the transfer of the patient from bed to gurney and back.
- The CCT RN is responsible for the care of the patient including any emergency procedures the patient may require while under their care. These procedures may include but are not limited to CPR and oral endotracheal intubation.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- The CCT RN, along with the crew, is responsible for changing oxygen and air tanks that have less than 500psi gas remaining or for making sure they are changed.
- Completes daily/regularly scheduled transport unit equipment checks.
- Maintains equipment in working order and ensures transport vehicles are kept clean and fully stocked.
- Accurately completes supply, billing and data collection forms as required.
- Participates in CCT Program Quality Improvement activities.
- Maintains an adequate knowledge of and complies with all company policies and procedures, codes of safe practice, and Critical Care Transport policies and protocols.
- Maintains personal knowledge of current critical care nursing practice.
- Maintains personal knowledge of current EMT and EMT-P scope of practice in California and the applicable county in which the CCT team operates.
- Completes documentation on Controlled Substances per CCT policy.
- Participates in continuing education and training activities for EMT's in activities specific to their practice in the CCT division.
- Participates in company-wide programs such as Safety and Risk Management and Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with all external and internal customers, including patients and their families, hospital staff, the community, EMT's, ALS/BLS Operations personnel and CCT administration.
- Attends and participates in all required staff meetings and annual training.
- Completes CCT transport documentation per program policy.
- Maintains all required licensure and certifications in accordance with company policy.
- Represents the CCT program and AMR in a professional manner.
REGISTERED NURSE NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REGISTERED NURSE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Current registration as an California RN/EMS
- Minimum two years of ICU RN experience or 5 years ED / CCT /Cardiac / Trauma / RN experience which includes the following: Management of the unstable adult cardiac patient, Management of the unstable patient of other etiologies, Management of the patient requiring mechanical ventilator support, and Management of the patient requiring invasive hemodynamic monitoring. Knowledge of professional nursing practice and theory. Knowledge of principles and practice of patient transport operations upon successful completion of the CCT orientation and training program. Ability to assess, plan, organize, implement and evaluate patient care activities. Ability to function independently; to prioritize, delegate and utilize critical thinking skills in a variety of patient care situations. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow personnel, patients and their families, hospital staff, the public, and other collaborating agencies. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are also required.
- Current ACLS, PALS, BLS-C (or equivalent) provider status
- Current CPR certification
- MUST HAVE a VALID California Driver’s License
- PHTLS Certification desired
- Driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability
· IS-100B (ICS 100)
· IS-200B (ICS 200)
· IS-700A (NIMS)
· IS-800B (NIMS)
REGISTERED NURSE PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current critical care inter-facility transfer experience; CEN, CCRN, TNCC or ENC Certification; BTLS/PHTLS
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Provider)