Maintains and repairs ambulance, other vehicles and appropriate shop and auxiliary equipment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inspects ambulances and other vehicles for fluid levels, service hours, mileage, proper operation and
• Removes units from service as necessary for preventative maintenance or repairs.
• Performs preventive maintenance or repairs as appropriate to ensure safe and reliable operations.
• Inspects, maintains and repairs appropriate to ensure safe and reliable operations.
• Ensures proper safeguarding of tools equipment, parts and supplies.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area.
• Prepares or completes work orders, failure reports, log books and other records
This position does not supervise any employee(s)
Education and/or experience:
• High School diploma or GED
• Completion of apprenticeship in automotive or truck repair
• Two to four years experience as a journeyman in automotive and truck repair
The following Ford training will be required of all new hires within a 90-day period from their date of hire.
• 38SO1WO-Vehicle Brake Systems
• 38SO2W0-Brake Service Procedures
• 38S03W1-Advanced Brake Systems Theory and Operation
• 38S04W1-Advamce Brake Systems Diagnosis
The following Ford training will be required of all new hires within 12 months from date of hire.
• 30N52W0-2015 New Model Transit Training
• 30G09W2-Tehcnician Warranty Responsibilities
• F204003103-Tire Inspection and Maintenance
• 33S16WO-Tire Pressure Monitor Systems (TPMS)
• Operation, service and repair of ambulances, other vehicles and appropriate shop and auxiliary
• Mechanical equipment and tools used in service and repair
• Experience with Diesel and gasoline powered engines is preferred
• Experience working with mechanical, hydraulic and electric systems used in the fleet of vehicles
• Basic principles of repair and replacement
• Strong skills in electrical repair
• Able to operate, service and repair appropriate vehicles and related equipment
• Using diagnostic equipment effectively to test, analyze and determine specific problems
• Exercising judgment, dexterity and physical coordination
• Following specific service or repair procedures as outlined in service and maintenance manuals
Behavioral and Physical skills:
• Diagnosing and troubleshooting service problems
• Working independently with little supervision
• Work during odd hours and for extended periods
• Work with much standing, bending, kneeling and crawling regularly required to use hands to finger,
handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• Requires lifting of parts, tools and equipment weighing up to 75 pounds
• Maintain physical condition to enable proper performance of assigned job functions as determined by company policy.
The work has a high stress environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The candidate will be working regularly with confidential information. Must have the ability to maintain composure and tact in stressful situations. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally, and through radio and telephone communications. Must possess the ability to demonstrate compassion and a sincere dedication to employee needs, concerns and information confidentiality.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled