Location:Huber Heights, Ohio
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Shift Type: Part-time
Shift Times: This position will work 6p-6a every Saturday and Sunday.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Call Taker functions primarily as an intake operator and is responsible for receiving, recording and effectively managing requests for ambulance assistance/transport from various sources. Volume is made up of non-emergency transports that originate from nursing homes, hospitals, and private residential requests, as well as urgent transports through our 911 contracts and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and adequately implements the concepts of Emergency Medical Dispatch as published in Principles of Emergency Medical Dispatch (and as customized by AMR) as a minimum standard of care.
- Allocates EMS resources properly as the need arises by application of appropriate decision making rules, approved protocols, and established processes.
- Candidates should be able to function well in a high stress/fast paced environment while managing a large volume of emergency and non-emergency transports in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills essential for effective communication with patients, medical personnel, co-workers, and clients.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in the use of the computer aided dispatching system that provides proper dispatching of ground units in an unbiased and professional manner.
- Responsible and accountable for completeness and accuracy of paperwork related to his/her position prior to completion of shift.
- Responsible for complete and accurate data entry for all service requests.
- Responsible for generating applicable reports and checking for accuracy.
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass several competency tests during training, including medical terminology and Emergency Medical Dispatcher certification.
- Must be available to train fulltime during the day, Monday – Friday, for a minimum of three weeks
NOTE: Once you have submitted an online application, please watch your email for further communication. You will be sent a link from OnlineTesting@testgenius.com for an online assessment. This assessment must be completed to move forward in the application process.