Responsible for coordinating activities of the team, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project(s). Must be familiar with Business and/or Operational scope, projecting activities/objectives to include the role and function of each team member. Candidate should have extensive knowledge and experience in technical writing and document review.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project management activities may include but not limited to:
- Conducting project kick-off meetings.
- Defining project scope
- Facilitating technical, operational and/or business requirements meetings, definition for product development initiatives.
- Coordinating detailed baseline project plans.
- Tracking / managing projects to successful completion.
- Communicating status, issues and risks to projects stakeholders.
- Support leadership with cross-functional project teams and maintain project documentation.
- Creates and reviews comprehensive documents.
- Develops project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
- Gather, produce and distribute information as required by established guidelines and ensure understanding by recipient.
- May coordinate recruitment, contracting and/or assignment of work with on-site and off-site project personnel.
- Confers with project personnel to provide advice and resolve problems.
- Manage change requests from original specification(s) and implements change control processes.
- Research, understand and implement innovative technology and software system opportunities that advance the emergency management program.
- Understand and apply concepts of business intelligence/advanced reporting.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- During times of emergency or disaster this position must be prepared to function within AMR’s National Command Center (NATCOM) structure.
- Ability to report for duty within six (6) hours for greater than thirty (30) days in support of operational objectives.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure physical readiness for assignment.
- Ensure availability, qualifications, and capabilities of resources to complete assignment.
- Gather, update, and apply situational information relevant to the assignment.
- Establish effective relationships with relevant personnel.
- Support organization structure, reporting procedures, and chain of command of assigned resources.
- Understand and comply with ICS concepts and principles.
- Model leadership values and principles.
- Lead assigned personnel: Influence, guide and direct assigned personnel to accomplish objectives and desired outcomes in a rapidly changing, high-risk environment.
- Communicate effectively:
- Use suitable communication techniques to share relevant information with appropriate personnel on a timely basis to accomplish objectives.
- Ensure documentation is complete and disposition is appropriate.
- Communicate and assure understanding of work expectations within the chain of command and across functional areas.
- Administer and/or apply Company/Department policy, contracts and agreements.
- Gather, analyze, and validate information and make recommendations.
- Utilize information to produce outputs.
- Take appropriate actions based on assessed risks.
- Modify approach based on evaluation of situation.
- Follow established procedures and/or safety procedures relevant to given assignment.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree
- ICS 100,200,700,and 800 within 6 months of employement.
- ICS 300 and 400 within 1 year of employment
- 2+ years experience in project management, comprehensive plan development, process review and documentation, standard operating guideline development, or including demonstrated leadership skills
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic knowledge of building system solutions or business applications.
- Collaborative, people-focused and able to create visible value.
- Demonstrated skill in the successful completion of multiple, simultaneous and rapidly emergent tasks and projects.
- Ability to plan for projects, including cost, personnel and equipment needs.
- Ability to analyze operations and organize their parts into a logical system.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with executive management, business units, vendors, suppliers and customers..
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in computer application systems.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Cloud services (Smartsheets, Google, Amazon, etc)
- ESRI and other GIS platforms (Google Earth, Bing Maps, etc)
- Mass notication systems (Everbridge)
- Experience working within a public safety agency or program.