Reports To: Procurement and Office Manager
Location: Mineral Wells, TX
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Materials Coordinator will work with the Procurement and Office Manager to ensure all parts and supplies are delivered just in time for production. Procure all parts and supplies for Emergency Vehicle Manufacturing Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all parts and supplies are delivered just in time for production.
- Eliminate parts shrinkage through inventory management and tracking.
- Work with production staff to streamline parts delivery and usage.
- Work with production staff regarding new parts that offer higher quality and or lower cost.
- Track parts related failures.
- Assist operations in determining part number(s), locating parts, receiving parts into inventory, distributing parts to stations and properly documenting transactions
- Package and ship parts back to manufacturer or to field locations when required, and complete the appropriate records.
- Research and develop information independently.
- Keep all work areas, vehicles and equipment “Neat, Clean and Sanitary” at all times.
- Function with a minimal or no supervision.
- Follow and/or set work priorities to meet production goals as scheduled.
- Assist in training logistics coordinators at all skill levels.
- Meet safety and QA/QC standards for all tasks.
- Familiar with Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan.
- Follow spill response procedures and evacuation routes.
- May be required to climb on vehicles and be required to wear fall protection.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ensure that hazardous material is handled appropriately and placed into the proper container(s)
- Ensure that recyclable material is handled appropriately and placed into the proper container(s)
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Attend training in Hazardous Materials Handling Operations with an annual refresher course.
- Maintains all satellite and storage containers in a closed position unless adding or removing waste.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College or vocational degree a plus
- Valid Class C drives license and inability driver larger emergency vehicles.
- Two years’ experience in large parts department or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, understand instructions and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to read and use English and Metric measuring devices.
- Ability to recognize quality expected and be able to reproduce it.
- Ability to read and interpret shop orders, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills.
- Experience with fleet maintenance software (RTA).
- Must be able to differentiate between color shades.
- Possess basic mechanical ability.
- Proficient with use of PC based computer including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to use basic mathematics.
- Must have general knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards.
- Fundamental use of various pneumatic tools, shop equipment and power tools.
- Parts department experience.
- Inventory control experience.