Title: Scheduler - City
Location: San Diego, CA
The Scheduler is responsible for the scheduling of regular and overtime shifts for full and part-time EMTs, Paramedics and Nurses in accordance with Rural Metro Policy and applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement(s). The position also monitors and edits timekeeping records for all non-exempt employees, processes hours worked, and, where necessary, provides Payroll with required reports and hours worked in a timely and accurate manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management and oversight over all daily and biweekly schedules for the Operations.
- Create shifts and assignments where needed, maintain schedule on Telestaff, modify daily schedule as needed, which includes notifying and communicating with employees re shift assignments.
- Review and verify employee hours for accuracy. Assist in recording and maintaining employee attendance records/files and payroll functions.
- Prepare and compile various periodic reports and documents for review and analysis. These may include weekly payroll stats, personnel stats, absence reports, over time tracking and other related reports.
- Maintain vacation schedules, shift exchanges, shift giveaway requirements, etc.
- Maintains the daily EMT, Paramedic and Nurse availability lists
- Tracks field employee attendance and punctuality data
- Schedules PTO and various leaves of absences
- Coordinate and schedule EMT student ride longs
- Receives and documents all day change/vacation request forms
- Contacts Operations Supervisors and appropriate members of management with status of daily staffing needs and complications
- Verifies PTO balances and processes PTO requests
- Verify employee punches in the Kronos system, posting corrections to the system based on review
- Schedule standbys and special event staffing
- Assist Operations staff in research of employee pay information
- Assist employees in resolution of Timekeeping issues
- Maintains positive, professional, productive relationships with all levels of staff ensuring the company’s interests are properly represented at all times
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel software programs
- Ability to work under time constraints with accuracy
- Scheduling or related experience
- Ability to perform mathematical and statistical calculations
- Working knowledge and experience in staffing/scheduling within a high performance EMS system preferred
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills