Job Title: CCT EMT Location: Arvada, CO
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Role of CCT EMT:
- Responsible for safely driving the Critical Care ground ambulance (CCT) and maintaining the ambulance (fuel, oxygen, air and scheduled maintenance).
- Responsible for assisting the flight crew in the care of all patients transported by CCT.
- Responsible for safely loading and unloading patients into the CCT and assists with loading of patients on fixed wing or helicopter.
- Assists in public relation presentation for public awareness within the hospital and community.
- Attends mandatory staff meetings the 4th Thursday of every month.
- Participates in projects which contribute to meeting the program’s goal.
- Completion of equipment and orientation checklist.
- Must have six (6) months of ambulance driving experience
- Must have valid Colorado Driver License for a minimum of two (2) years
Responsibility per shift:
- Ensures that ambulance is ready for transports at all times, checking, restocking and cleaning of ambulance, equipment and supplies. Assists the flight crew in completing the daily checklist.
- Obtains pagers and keys, checks in with Dispatch and inform them if using a different Nextel or different ambulance. Also checks in with flight crew to see if any pre-planned transports or PRs.
- Assist the flight crew with first of the month checks.
- Reports to next shift any relevant information; i.e., ambulance needs fuel, 02 or medical air needs, pre-planned transports and any equipment problems.
- Responsible for assuring the ambulance is locked, hoseline is on and functioning appropriately and ambulance is connected to shore power when not in use.
- Responsible to continuously check e-mails for onoing updates and communication.
Responsibility for patient care during transport:
- Contacts Dispatch to acknowledge the page for a transport communicating through Nextel and giving location, crew, risk matrix score and ETA, etc.
- Under the direction of flight crew, assists with completing patient assessment; i.e., obtaining vital signs or checking pulses.
- Under the direction of the FN, assists with getting patient ready for transport by setting up and placing patient on appropriate monitoring equipment.
- Safely loads and unloads patient and equipment into ambulance.
- Clean up and restocking after transport.
- The flight crew may delegate emergency procedures and medications to CCT EMT that are within their scope of practice.
- High School diploma or GED certificate
- Must be free of any clinical/corrective action
- Driver License possession minimum two (2) years
- Colorado State EMT certificate and CPR