CCT Registered Nurse (Full Time) Days
Location: Redlands, CA
Reports To: Critical Care Transport Nurse Manager
Department: Field Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Full-time (requires seven scheduled shifts in a 2 week pay period)
Part-time (requires three 12-hour shifts per month)
The Critical Care Transport Nurse performs basic life support, advance life support and critical care nursing for patients with various and multiple diagnoses of all ages. The CCT Transport Nurse provides direct patient care to patients during the transport by following local EMS transport and treatment protocols. The CCT Transport Nurse functions under standing orders of the physician or the medical director. The CCT Transport Nurse performs assessments, treats, and monitors patients during inter-facility transports.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Responds to patient care and/or critical care transport unit calls according to program protocols.
- Provides high quality routine and emergency nursing care of the patient in the transport environment in accordance with established CCT program policies, protocols, standards of care, standing orders, and under the medical control of the sending physician.
- Provides patient care within the Registered Nurse scope of practice as defined by the Board of Registered Nursing and per CCT standardized procedure, utilizing critical thinking skills to manage the critically ill or injured adult or pediatric patient.
- Notes all physicians’ transport orders.
- Acts as a member of the Critical Care Transport Team by assisting the EMT's in the transfer of the patient from bed to gurney and back.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Completes daily/regularly scheduled transport unit equipment checks.
- Maintains equipment in working order and ensures transport vehicles are kept clean and fully stocked.
- Completes documentation on Controlled Substances per CCT policy.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with all external and internal customers, including patients and their families, hospital staff, the community, EMT's, ALS/BLS Operations personnel and CCT administration.
- Attends and participates in all required staff meetings and annual training.
- Maintains all required licensure and certifications in accordance with company policy.
- Represents the CCT program and AMR in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of professional nursing practice and theory.
- Ability to assess, plan, organize, implement and evaluate patient care activities.
- Ability to function independently; to prioritize, delegate and utilize critical thinking skills in a variety of patient care situations.
NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Minimum 2 years of ICU RN experience or 5 years ED/CCT/Cardiac/Trauma RN experience (Non-negotiable)
- Current ACLS, PALS, BLS-C (or equivalent) provider status.
- Valid Driver’s License
- PHTLS and NRP Provider Certification desired (must be obtained within 6 months of hire)
- ICS courses, please refer to link http://training.fema.gov/IS/NIMS.asp.
- IS-100B (ICS 100)
- IS-200B (ICS 200)
- IS-700A (NIMS)
- IS-800B (NIMS)
- Current critical care inter-facility transfer experience; CEN, CCRN, TNCC or ENC Certification; BTLS/PHTLS