Location: Richmond, VA; some travel required
This key role is responsible for all aspects and activities of the non-emergency transportation (NET) provider network and the networks compliance with contractual expectations. Creates and coordinates contract methodology to support service needs of the project. The NET provider network includes contracted network transportation providers, public transit and volunteer organizations. Provides or coordinates appropriate training with new providers to help organize operations and ensure that they understand project standards and expectations before being assigned passengers to transport.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes contract negotiations when provider commits to entering the network for assigned community.
- Investigates quality of transportation provider’s on time performance, driver’s adherence to service requirements and adherence to rider’s level of service and/or scheduling requirements.
- Monitors the status of provider pool and pursues contracting with other providers as needed. Recruit new providers to support the project on an ongoing, year around basis.
- Monitors Key Performance Indicators of providers to assure requirements of NET contract are met.
- Performs scheduled random visits to contracted transportation providers to verify the level of service and provider adherence to contract standards. Performs vehicle inspections to ensure vehicle compliance with ADA and other federal, state and local regulatory standards.
- Creates financial pro-forma to support negotiation of cost effective contractual relationships for each region as assigned.
- Creates, manages and/or approves provider improvement plans to ensure system operates as required.
- Responds to daily in-bound/out-bound telephone calls to facilitate explanation of payment or non-payment to providers while enhancing and maintaining strong positive customer relations.
- Oversees all system related enhancements and testing for impact on Iowa operations.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some travel required.
- High School Diploma or GED required. BA/BS Degree in related field preferred.
- Must have prior experience in transportation operations.
- Demonstrated experience and success in the areas of contract retention and business development.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, customers, and prospects
- Experience in contract compliance and negotiations in a transit, EMS, healthcare or related field are preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Prior budget experience preferred.
Other i.e. knowledge and skills:
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must type 40 wpm.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Must have effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.