Job Title: Driver - Wheelchair
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
The mission and purpose of this position are to compassionately deliver high-quality service and transportation in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- DOT and NTA require applicants to be a minimum of **21 years of age**
- Transport/Drive patients to and from medical facilities and/or home in a timely manner.
- Utilize maps to locate hospitals, medical facilities, and patient home address.
- Complete Trip Sheet on a daily basis fully recording each transport.
- Ensure wheelchair van is maintained and is in good working order; keep unit clean.
- Know and use Standard Codes in radio transmission.
- Responsible for completing mechanical checklist for vehicle at the start of each shift.
- Report mechanical problems to Fleet.
- Adhere to all company policies and procerdures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s It is the responsibility of every computer user to:Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered.Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read maps, drive vehicles and accurately discern street signs and address numbers.
- Manage disposable supplies, take care of durable equipment, and use time clock.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements- (Field Employees Only)
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
- Operate wheelchair, gurney, hydraulic lift, wheelchair lift, and radio.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Successful completion of EVOC Driver's Training program.
- Must obtain and maintain applicable license for the area of operation
- Preferred but not required; experience from health care environment, mortuary or medical examiner’s office.