Are you (or someone you know) a problem solver? Do you possess strong interpersonal skills, an eagerness to learn and a passion for serving your community? Do you thrive in a dynamic, unique, high intensity environment? If you answered yes to these questions, apply below for a position with the American Medical Response Central Arizona Communication Center.
***********Position is located in Glendale Arizona***********
This is a part time (16 hours minimum a week) position with the option to transition to Full Time when openings occur. Additional hours (above 16 hours) available when coverage is needed.
Job Title: Dispatch Associate
Reports To: Dispatch Lead or Communication Supervisor
Status: Non – Exempt
Schedule: Part Time (16 hours minimum a week) – Schedule 2 days from 4pm to Midnight
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and manage performance of system EMDs
- Maintain relationships and act as company liaison to local 911 centers.
- Provide ongoing quality assurance/improvement as it relates to EMD call-taking and compliance to company procedures and protocols.
- Allocates EMS resources properly as the need arises by application of appropriate decision-making rules and approved protocols.
- Assists in locating scene of incidents and selecting the safest, fastest route to such scene using all available locator aids.
- Relays instructions from supervisors, messages and emergency information.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of all company policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and memorandums.
- Follows established parameters/formats in receiving requests for service.
- Responsible for knowledge and use of equipment, including but not limited to the computer, printers, 911 equipment, recording devices, telephones, and other equipment as assigned by supervisors.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current Emergency Medical Dispatch Advanced (EMDA) Certification OR obtain within 6 months of employment.
- Current CPR Certification OR obtain within 6 months of employment.
- Occasionally: Touching, walking outside, typing 30 wpm.
- Frequently: Walking inside, reaching, kneeling, stooping, bending.
- Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, sitting, seeing.
- Occasionally: Complex reading and writing, memorization, high math skills.
- Frequently: Simple reading and writing, problem solving, judgment, reasoning, decision making.
- Constantly: Analyzing, perception/computation, complex math skills.
- Occasionally: Verbal contact with others.
- Constantly: Works with and around others, face to face contact with others.